3. DNA Extraction - Getting Ready
- Purchase strawberries, enough for each student to have one. (They will eat half and use the remainder to extract DNA.)
- Prepare the extraction buffer.
- Put the alcohol in the freezer or on ice.
- Wash the strawberries and remove the green tops. Cut each strawberry in half. Put half in a clean food bowl for students to eat. Put the remainder in a separate bowl for students to extract DNA from.
- Set out the remainder of the materials.
Submitted by irene on Sun, 2006-07-09 15:37