4. Pond Water - Getting Ready
Getting Ready Creek visit:
- Arrange transportation and/or field trip permission slips.
- Preview the site to ensure a) that there is a large space away from passing cars and other hazards for students to gather and b) that there are pond water organisms near a creek access point.
- Optional: Get a plankton net or make one.
Pond water investigation:
- Set up microscopes on student tables.
- Set out slides, paper towels, eyedroppers, and water samples in an easily accessible central location.
- Copy or provide copies of identification guides (see Sources page).
- Optional: make an overhead or create copies of a labeled microscope and rules for microscope handling. (the one I used is downloadable below)