8. Bird Beak Buffet - Getting Ready
- Purchase beans, cups and plastic utensils.
- Make copies of the Bird Beak student handout for each student.
- Make copies of the Bird Beak data tables. For each class that will do the activity you should have 3 copies of “_____-Billed Bird Population Data” and 1 copies of “Bean Population Data”. Attach these data tables to the 4 clipboards.
- On the 3 “_____-Billed Bird Population Data” clipboards, fill in the blanks with “Fork”, “Spoon”, and “Blade”.
- For each class or students, count out 100 red, 100 black, and 100 white beans and mix them together in a ziplock bag or cup.
- Optional: mark the feeding ground boundaries with tape or string.