2. Plate Patterns - Getting Ready
- Make copies of the “World Earthquake Map” from the USGS/NPS website
- Make one copy of the Volcano List for each class, cutting them into strips with information about one volcano on each strip.
- Make a transparency version of the World Earthquake Map.
- Display the large map with earthquake data already plotted at the front of the classroom.
- Set out color dots and colored pencils.
- Print out reference sheets - Earth’s Tectonic Plates and Mid-Ocean Ridges Map.