Headlands - Getting Ready
- The Point Bonita Lighthouse is only open on weekends and Mondays from 12:30 to 3:30. To have a docent or ranger open the lighthouse tunnel for you on other days and times, contact the National Park Service at (415) 561-4754.
- Arrange transportation to the Marin Headlands and around the park.
- Gather materials:
- small ice chest, ice, water, cup and Magic Shell for the pillow basalt demonstration
- hand lenses and cookies for chert observations
- map of California for putting it all together