How do I add lessons of my own?
Adding lessons to My Science Box (in 7 easy steps):
- Make sure you are logged into your account then click the "create content" button on the left side of the page below your username.
- Select "book page".
- Enter a title for your page.
- The "Parent" pull down menu files your lesson in a hierarchical menu system. For instance, Irene's lessons are organized with a larger "box" with lessons inside. Each lesson is in turn broken down into subsections: an overview, logistics, background, lesson plan, etc. Initially, you will want to put your teaching box under the Drop Box. After that, you can file additional pages within your own section of the Drop Box.
- Use the "Categories" pull down menus to categorize your lessons so other teachers can find them.
- In the "Body" section, enter any text you wish or cut and paste from another application. The icons at the bottom of the window allow you to format your text just like a word processor. Mouse over them to learn what each icon allows you to do.
- When you are done, click "submit" and your lesson is LIVE ON THE WEB! Congratulations