6. Food Webs - Getting Ready
For organism research
- Create a list of organisms for your students to research.
- If you plan to have students pick an organism out of a hat, create slips of paper for each organism.
- Collect published field guides for students to use.
- Make copies of the Field Guide pages for each student.
- Make 1 copy of a Field Guide page for an overhead. This will be used to give the students an example of what you are looking for. If you want to save some time, this overhead can be created in advance.
For food web activity
- Clear room of all tables and chairs so that if the students are sitting in a circle around the cleared area at least 10 feet by 10 feet remain.
- Have yarn and scissors ready to hand out.
- Create index cards representing the sun, decomposers, and the major producers in the environment. For instance, I created the following cards: sun, decomposers, grasses, seeds, berries, nuts, algae, plankton such as diatoms and copepods, leafy plants. Leave a few blank cards to write on during class as you need them.
Submitted by irene on Fri, 2005-08-26 15:56