1. Terraqua Columns - Getting Ready
- Build your own terraqua column as an example to show the students.
- You may want to pre-drill the holes in the bottle caps.
- Place bottles and wicks in an easily accessible place in the classroom.
- Create terraqua column building kits with the awl or electric drill, hole punch, box cutter, scissors, and sharpie markers for a few groups of students to share.
- You may want to print out a copy of the building instructions as an overhead or make enough copies for each group to have one.
- Create a planting area with the soil, trowel, and seeds.
- Place graduated cylinders near the sink or water source.
Submitted by irene on Thu, 2005-07-14 14:20